Climbing season may be over, but that doesn’t mean you can’t reach the summit. Get the latest #Everest build and disregard all notions of personal safety and reasonable behavior!
- Moved app buttons to the phone menu
- Made gameplay flow more user friendly and intuitive
- Minor bugfixes and stability improvements
- Some new inventory art assets by Noyemi K
- Paper doll box background color is now different based on who is being viewed
- Added big obvious Continue, Rest, and Stop buttons to map window
- Replaced item hover tooltips with phone menu descriptions
- Updated credits text to have new photo credits url
We are enormously pleased to announce the release of Screaming Color’s debut album!
The Philosopher’s Burn
The official Slam Fighter II Soundtrack
||I Believe We Can Do It!
||Slam Fighter II theme
||Who Do You Want to Be?
||Character select theme
||Joc cu Dragostea din Tei
||Serghei’s Theme; arr. Manuela Malasaña; ft. Michael A. Zekas
||Anthem of the Heroes
||B. Stag’s theme
||The Time Has Come
||Pause menu theme
||Epilogues are Awesome
||Loky (The Day Love Won)
||Good Morning (Instrumental)
||Bonus track (Outset theme from #Everest)
A lot of people were asking me, you know, “why? Why do you wanna do it?” And that’s-that’s a really common mindset to have. It’s easy to ask “why?” But you know, I’ve always been the kind of person who looks beyond that and says “why not?”
Microsoft XNA Runtime 4.0
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0
About the game
Your objective is to get the highest score possible by taking pictures at landmarks. Each landmark is worth more points than the ones than came before them, but the real way to rack up a high scores is by taking photos with lots of zany bullshit. Only your highest scoring photo per landmark is used to calculate your final score.
You can’t take any more than what you and your three teammates can carry between the four of you. With inventory space limited, bringing one item means leaving another. #Everest is a game of opportunity costs. you must balance your selection of the props that will get your selfies to earn the most likes with the equipment needed to survive the trek to the next great photo op.
Be unique…ish! Change up the colors of your gear and play as either a dude or a lady.
Make your mark
Time waits for no mountaineer in the unforgiving altitudes of the mountain locals refer to as “The Holy Mother.” Take too long trying to get the perfect selfie and you won’t be able to make camp before temperatures plunge at nightfall, but make sure you don’t lose your cool because if you forget to pack anything back up, it will be lost on the mountain forever.
There’s no garbage collection service on Mt. Everest. Carry your trash with you or dump it on the mountain. It’s your choice.
Post Your Selfies
The player character will be posting to their fictional in-game social media accounts throughout the game, but you can choose to post the pictures you take in-game to the player character’s real twitter account, @HashtagEverest or connect your own twitter account and post to it through the game! How’s that for meta?
Ziggy Starfucker’s Guide to Chilling on Mt. Everest
- Make sure each character has enough food, half rations reduce your health/stamina regen and running out completely will slowly deplete your health
- Most status ailments will go away after enough rest. Having a medical kit in someone’s inventory will help, resting at landmarks and especially the camps will help too
- Having a sleeping bag for each character and a tent for the whole party increases health and stamina regen while resting
- Having lots of crazy and heavy junk in your photo will get more likes and comments. Make sure you retrieve your junk before leaving the photo screen
- Water bottles aren’t necessary but prevent any chance of dysentery. Having a water treatment kit in someone’s inventory reduces the chance of dysentery but doesn’t prevent it
- Wearing goggles greatly reduces the chance of snowblindness and retinal hemorrhaging, but wearing shutter shades for your photos gives more likes
- Climbing around bottlenecks will probably get someone killed, but having climbing harnesses and ascenders equipped reduces the chance. Having fixed lines in someone’s inventory and an icepick equipped on at least character helps further
- Traveling at night reduces movement speed and increases chance of hypothermia. Try resting at landmarks until daybreak
- You can get a rough estimate of your travel speed by looking at the walking animation speed of your party
- Blizzards inflict damage and increase the chance of hypothermia and snowblindness unless you rest at a landmark with a tent or at a camp
- Prevent/heal hypoxia with a breathing mask and oxygen bottles. By default oxygen use is disabled so you don’t burn through your bottles at lower altitudes
What are you thankful for, Slam Fighters? I’m thankful for a new build of Slam Fighter II, v.1.3.0!
- All text has been replaced to eliminate anti-aliasing and make the game look sexier than ever!
Yeah I know, it’s just one thing, but this was a heck of an overhaul and I think you’ll really like the new look! Why don’t you give it a try right now?
Just in time for the Halloween weekend, here’s the latest update to Slam Fighter II v.1.2.1 – Oni-Con Edition!
- In Versus mode when p2 highlights the same character as p1, the selection icon now makes it clear that both players have highlighted the same character
- When alt costume is enabled on character select screen, the character’s small portrait also shows alt costume
- Game now checks for latest version at startup
- Tutorial now accessible via title screen menu
- Title and options menu text now displays without anti-aliasing
It has been an exciting day for Team Dogpit! Not only was Slam Fighter II one of the games demoed at the Playcrafting Expo today, we have a hot new build ready to roll out with some awesome new features!
- In versus mode, player two can now select the same character as player one. Give it a shot — you may be surprised by the result!
- Characters now have alternate palettes. Switch up your look by pressing “x” on the character select screen
- B. Stag is now voiced by NYC-based actor and improv comic Colin Marsh!
- User can now press esc to exit match in progress
- Minor art and bug fixes
Get it here and get ready to slam!