Slam Fighter II got a nice writeup in Siliconera.
Slam Fighter II follows six trash-talkers as they insult their way to The Philosopher’s Burn, the most powerful put-down known to man. To defeat one another, players will have to help their chosen fighter come up with clever insults based on the size of the available word and the beat of the music. If players can type out a real-world insult to the tune of the music, they’ll damage their opponent, working towards crushing their spirit with words.
Players will need to get used to the nuances of each character, as all six of them offer different strengths that can offer players different advantages or problems. Players can also test these skills against a real-world opponent, battling against another local player to see who can deliver the most devastating insults.
Check out the rest of it here!
Changes in Slam Fighter II v.184.108.40.206
- Added some Portuguese words to the list of recognized disses
- Mouse cursor no longer visible in game window
- Fixed a bug where high score in Hard or Master difficulty was not correctly uploaded to Steam Leaderboards. If you were affected by this, starting the game will fix your leaderboard score. (The score on your local high score table was never affected by the bug.)
Slam Fighter 2.0.1 Hotfix:
- Fixed a bug related to retrying from Game Over
- Implemented high score leaderboards
- Added more recognized diss phrases
Now you can show your friends just how good at smack talk you really are! Maintain beat accuracy and use real words to get the highest possible score!
Slam Fighter II v.2.0.0 is out and you can get it right now on Steam!
What’s new in 2.0.0? I’m glad you asked!
- Each character has different strengths and weaknesses! See if you can master them all!
- Your diss actually has to be a real word! Get ready to talk smack on the fly!
- Completely rewritten engine with the best beat detection ever seen in a verbal throwdown!
- Completely new performances with audio quality so good you’ll swear you’re being insulted in real life!
- Need to step away for a moment? You can pause the game! WOW!!
- Achievements, leaderboards, and a good old fashioned high score table!
- Different resolution options! Want to play windowed but larger than 640×480 resolution? Go for it!
- Six different stage backgrounds that pulse in time with the music. Don’t like flashy moving backgrounds? You can disable them!
- Gallery where you can unlock profiles and character art!
- And way more!
- New logo
- Completely redone UI
- Major palette overhaul
- Major fighter sprite fixes and cleanup
- Damage sounds when fighters are hit
1.5.1 – 1.5.3 involve bugfixes.
Climbing season may be over, but that doesn’t mean you can’t reach the summit. Get the latest #Everest build and disregard all notions of personal safety and reasonable behavior!
- Moved app buttons to the phone menu
- Made gameplay flow more user friendly and intuitive
- Minor bugfixes and stability improvements
- Some new inventory art assets by Noyemi K
- Paper doll box background color is now different based on who is being viewed
- Added big obvious Continue, Rest, and Stop buttons to map window
- Replaced item hover tooltips with phone menu descriptions
- Updated credits text to have new photo credits url
We are enormously pleased to announce the release of Screaming Color’s debut album!
The Philosopher’s Burn
The official Slam Fighter II Soundtrack
||I Believe We Can Do It!
||Slam Fighter II theme
||Who Do You Want to Be?
||Character select theme
||Joc cu Dragostea din Tei
||Serghei’s Theme; arr. Manuela Malasaña; ft. Michael A. Zekas
||Anthem of the Heroes
||B. Stag’s theme
||The Time Has Come
||Pause menu theme
||Epilogues are Awesome
||Loky (The Day Love Won)
||Good Morning (Instrumental)
||Bonus track (Outset theme from #Everest)